Fatman Chronicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jim230027 View Post
    There are plenty of other options for sweeteners. Honey is a popular one?
    Yeah it's nice and pure. Good for insulin!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mini-G View Post
      Yeah it's nice and pure. Good for insulin!
      Especially if you are eating it pre workout.... Your body is going to use up the sugar no problem bro

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim230027 View Post
        Especially if you are eating it pre workout.... Your body is going to use up the sugar no problem bro
        I still calculate my pre workout sugars into my macros even though most people don't because you burn them off fairly quickly, and the calories that comes with it. But I want to be 100% sure on my diet

Comment

I still calculate my pre workout sugars into my macros even though most people don't because you burn them off fairly quickly, and the calories that comes with it. But I want to be 100% sure on my diet
          Gotcha I cant wait till you start eating the greens! LOL

Comment

• Back to work again... Except the gyms open 'til ten tonight!! So I can go hit the gym after work. Which is the plan. LEG DAY!!! Planning on kicking it off with 30 minutes of a brisk walk on the treadmill. Then my plan is:
            Hacksquats
            Leg press
            Ham curls (laying)
            Ham curls (seated) or stiff leg deadlifts
            Leg extensions (FST-7)
            Calf press on leg press
            Calf raises
            HOME
            IGF1-LR3 + Shake!

No insulin on leg day because they grow retardedly as it is. But I am planning on running insulin on chest, back, and shoulder days. When I blast I will increase to 8iu!

Comment

• My 2 cents. Just a few things to consider.

At the bf% you are at why such a small deficit? I see your worried with the rate you are dropping, what were you eating prior to this start up? Was there alcohol or other un accounted for things. Usually high bf guys seem to drop faster than the 1.5-2lbs per week rate at which most seem to calculate.

I just put my buddy at 278lbs 30% bf at a 500 cal deficit, he has been down 5 lbs week 1 , 5 lbs week 2, 3lbs week 3, I am going to adjust macros soon

Jim is right you may have to go up and down for metabolism reasons as even when you keep recalculating for new LBM there will be still be a spot where you just stop loosing and may have to increase cals.

I see your set on macros( consider maybe attempting another route?) I cant make more of a suggestion but this will aid .

For me Milk is a no no, I understand its lactose and the whole debate on Milk so I guess this is personal preference.

As for GH secretion at high and low points no matter who you talk to or what study you look at GH secretion is done in a “pulse form” which has length and magnitude, so when you talk “ stronger” its tough to answer as a certain time of day. Most say we have the “highest” pulses at night. Some say after workout, some say AM. I would like to think AM as we are in the most fasted state so glucose and fatty acids or unwanted nutrients cant blunt the GH release. I don’t think one can actually measure as there are many variables here.

I see you may have a few cheats here and there, maybe give yourself and set up cheat meals as a goal or a prize after a certain goal.

Also for your worries about dropping to fast: ( have you done a bod pod or what was your way of measuring bf%) , and for the number 15 when multiply, this is just a rough calculation many guys use, it is not anything exact by any means just a calculation to set up and adjust off of. If you are upset 300ed doesn’t equal 3500 a week, that is nothing to worry about if you are dropping. If you are happy at the rate you are going just wait until it slows to adjust.

ps I hate tuna as well... mustard does help..

if i get real disgusted try this ( sounds grose) add tuna to greek yogurt ( its weird but works) normally i dont recommend that but sure goes down easy...

sorry i may have missed things it was a fast skim over

Comment

• Only thing is at 500 i fear muscle and LBM loss. To be honest I could care less about losing 10lbs in 2 weeks. If those 10lbs are 30% LBM I don't want it. I'm doing a small deficit to keep the meat I worked for.

Comment

• Tuna and yogurt. Jesus. I might...or might not. But thanks LTN!!! Ill definitely look into adjusting my diet for GH secretion reasons and calorie ups and downs for slowing weight loss. Lets see it work!

Comment

• So I'm going to have my food deficit at 300 cal but create a 200 cal further deficit from cardio. Will equal out to 500 a day. We'll see how that works out !

Comment

• Meh.... your diet is off. First thing you need to do is switch your routine so you are doing more of an HIIT type routine; no rest between sets and keep the pace up. Then, eat every 2-3 hours to teach your body that it has a constant nutritional supply so you don't store "energy" in the form of fat. Go high protein intake (10g every 2 hours) and low carbs, as well as only eat minimal amounts of food based sugars (typically pre-workout). Don't worry about counting macros yet... worry about training your body to stop storing fat. Fat cells never go away; they shrink. Keep that in mind when you work towards your goals. You can't actually remove fat cells without surgery (or dying). Best you can do is shrink them so focus on that first. The rest comes with time.

Comment

• Originally posted by theoneandonly View Post
                        Meh.... your diet is off. First thing you need to do is switch your routine so you are doing more of an HIIT type routine; no rest between sets and keep the pace up. Then, eat every 2-3 hours to teach your body that it has a constant nutritional supply so you don't store "energy" in the form of fat. Go high protein intake (10g every 2 hours) and low carbs, as well as only eat minimal amounts of food based sugars (typically pre-workout). Don't worry about counting macros yet... worry about training your body to stop storing fat. Fat cells never go away; they shrink. Keep that in mind when you work towards your goals. You can't actually remove fat cells without surgery (or dying). Best you can do is shrink them so focus on that first. The rest comes with time.
                        That's.... Pretty well exactly what I'm doing? Why about this whole thread lead you to believe otherwise? And naw ill do this the long hard way. Counting macros as making sure I don't lose my mass. Fatloss may be ALL THAT AND MORE to the rest of you but to me... Meh. I've been fat all my life so I'm ok with taking time. Which I am.

Comment

• Except HIIT training that's a crock of shit

Comment

That's.... Pretty well exactly what I'm doing? Why about this whole thread lead you to believe otherwise? And naw ill do this the long hard way. Counting macros as making sure I don't lose my mass. Fatloss may be ALL THAT AND MORE to the rest of you but to me... Meh. I've been fat all my life so I'm ok with taking time. Which I am.
                            You're gonna lose mass no matter what.... because there is fat in between muscle fiber right... so don't sweat it. My point was that you have a lot to gain (or lose per se) regardless of if you count macros and all that jazz or not. HIIT is not a crock of shit... cardio is. HIIT is proven to burn fat... "cardio" like running and all that shit is proven to scar heart valves over time (Google: Runners Heart). HIIT gives you just enough "cardio" so that you don't have to have separate cardio days or step foot on a treadmill.

You're fat... so what... that just means your gains will come faster and be a lot more obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by theoneandonly View Post
                              You're gonna lose mass no matter what.... because there is fat in between muscle fiber right... so don't sweat it. My point was that you have a lot to gain (or lose per se) regardless of if you count macros and all that jazz or not. HIIT is not a crock of shit... cardio is. HIIT is proven to burn fat... "cardio" like running and all that shit is proven to scar heart valves over time (Google: Runners Heart). HIIT gives you just enough "cardio" so that you don't have to have separate cardio days or step foot on a treadmill.

You're fat... so what... that just means your gains will come faster and be a lot more obvious.
                              Makes sense. Only thing is is I don't do all that high heart rate crap that's apparently bad for you. I am a firm believer in the fat burning zone. Not because I'm lazy and don't wanna kick up the pace. But because I actually enjoy cardio and I allows me to be lax but stern with my workout. Size is still priority one here. And no I won't lose mass either way, Ill lose size.

Comment

• I love the scale at my gym... I get on and it says OL.

Over load.

Like really? This is a gym way to inspire confidence/allow people to weigh themselves

Comment

Working...
                                X